By utilizing various materials and application methods, PCI can design containments to last different durations, depending on customer and application needs.
Shrink-wrap is recyclable.
Shrink-wrapping gives the structure a clean, compact, professional and organized look.
Reduces noise to the public caused by construction.
MANY PRODUCT OPTIONS
Various thickness, roll size and colors available; depending on project duration and needs.
At PCI, when we use the term “shrink-wrap services” we mean total encapsulation of a structure undergoing renovation. We do this by wrapping the structure with a heavy-duty plastic film, then heat-shrinking the film to form a tight skin over the structure. This film forms a strong barrier between the interior of the structure and its outside environment.
PCI engineered a shrink-wrapping system as an alternative to the traditional poly containments for asbestos and lead abatement projects. PCI shrink-wrapped enclosures last longer and are more durable than polyethylene enclosures.
WHO NEEDS SHRINK-WRAP?
Our shrink-wrap services provide cost-saving alternatives to owners, general contractors, and other specialty contractors. We shrink-wrap structures for anyone who wants to experience the benefits of containing their construction environment.
Protect and enhance your investment
- Weather delays extend construction schedules. A shrink-wrapped structure allows crafts to continue working within enclosures that keep out rain, high winds and other bad weather elements. Sunshine filters through to enhance visibility.
- Manpower from multiple trades can perform work simultaneously.
- If exterior work is being performed, shrink-wrap protects the structure from outside damage.
- We can contain and acclimatize a structure to increase the cure time of various materials such as concrete, drywall mud, spray-on fireproofing, caulking, sheetrock, joint compound and various paint applications.
- Increased productivity in cold climates.
- Reduces overall schedule and project costs by allowing work to be performed despite weather conditions.
- Minimizes the exposure of construction materials to water/ice in bad weather.
Minimized Safety Risks
- Full containment during abatement projects means reduced exposure to hazardous materials and a healthier and safer working environment.
- Loose decking, objects or materials that may fall during repairs can be contained, reducing risks for loss and liability concerns.
- Risks associated with working on swing stages in the wind and rain are minimized.
- Shrink-wrapping enhances the integrity and stability of the scaffold.
- Shrink-wrap material is fire-retardant, minimizing fire hazards.
Reduced Project Visibility
- Shrink-wrapped structures minimize work exposure to the adjacent building occupants, general public, regulatory agencies, etc.
- Crafts are less hampered by outside distractions, resulting in higher productivity
Industry Leader in Safety
PCI’s culture of safety makes the difference. A safe work environment is the foundation that PCI was built upon. Our award-winning “Target Zero Incidents” safety program is absolutely integral to every project. This program provides training and keeps workers fully dedicated and accountable to the safety and integrity of your project and property. This is reflected by an EMR safety rating that far exceeds national standards.